Delphi

Xepg version 0.7.0.0 is available:

If you upgrade from Xepg 0.6.x.x it is a MUST to read the changelog.

XgrabDMS version 0.1.1.0 is available:

Study the new EPG structure inside the DVBViewer Media Server in detail

Details at a123.dk  and in the changelogs of DVBViewer 6.0 / DVBViewer Media Server 2.00

• Haha 1

mrphlox
Posted (edited)

Many thanks for your great and valuable tool - it's an important chain member in my media center! :original:

I just wanted to let you know, I was upgrading from version 0.5.1.4 to 0.7.0.0 and first I was no longer able to do the import because of the following error:

Xepg Version: 0.7.0.0
IMPORT LOG
DESTINATION: DVBViewer Media Server
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Processing: C:\Temp\xmltv\xepg\xmltv.xml

ERROR TYPE: Unknown Importing EPG

EXCEPTION MESSAGE---EVariantTypeCastError:Could not convert variant of type (Null) into type (OleStr)
Error on importing EPG
ERROR: Unknown Importing EPG

The reason is easy: Xepg no longer accepts a pretty-print formatted EPGFormat XML file, i.e. it doesn't like line breaks in the EPG format XML file.

OK:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><settings><section name="WhereToDisplay"><entry name="1">1050</entry><entry name="2">1044</entry>

No longer accepted in 0.7.0.0:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings>
	<section name="WhereToDisplay">
		<entry name="1">1050</entry>
		<entry name="2">1044</entry>
		<entry name="4">1024,1031,1049,1025,1028,1033,1040,1042,1053,1054</entry>

hth. best regards

Edited by mrphlox

Delphi

So, you have manually edited the EPG Format file, right?

I use Microsoft MSXML DOM (TXMLDocument in Delphi) to read and write the file. If that fails, the file is with 99,9999% probability not well-formed (illegal).

Try to open the file in Internet Explorer.

• Like 1

mrphlox

First of all: Nope, there's no need for manual changes, reformatting Default.xml is enough and XML is still well-formatted, IE opens it without complains.

Default -formatted.xml

Delphi
Posted (edited)

You are right. The problem is described here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16865979/delphi-exception-when-preserving-whitespace-in-txmldocument

I now remember: A user requested a way to insert a blank line into the EPG. I suggested to use the "Some Text" with a space and then insert that to an empty StartParagraphX in the EPG Format Editor. At least it will look as a blank line. To avoid the space to be ignored by the xml parser I had to add the line

XMLDoc.ParseOptions := XMLDoc.ParseOptions + [poPreserveWhiteSpace];

I am sure this happened somewhere between  versions 0.5.1.4 (very old ;)) and 0.7.0.0

I suggest to leave things as is. CONCLUSION: Don't edit xml files created by Xepg.:)

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by Delphi
add conclusion

Delphi

Just a bit more information:

The extra code line for preserving whitespace was introduced in version 0.5.2.0. An unwanted side effect was that pretty-print xml is no longer accepted in settings files. It is accepted in the XMLTV files ofcourse.

Xepg (TXMLDocument) never creates pretty-print xml files. You MUST have edited the file somehow, sometime in the past.

Well, never mind. I do not like that Xepg cannot read an xml file that is actually valid. It's not that easy to fix, unless preserving whitespace is turned off again.

Or: use another xml parser like OXml/EasyXml. For now I will leave it as is.

mrphlox

Thanks for your answers.

In fact, there's no need to format / edit the EPG format file - if one knows. I can't remember why I then reformatted it (it has been working fine at this time), but I guess I was just curious to see how it's structured. No problem for me if you leave it as is, but maybe the error message could be improved, indicating that the format file can't be parsed, not the xmltv file, as I thought for a while.

Delphi
6 minutes ago, mrphlox said:

but maybe the error message could be improved

This is allready on my TODO list. Whatever I decide to do, a more meaningfull error message is needed in any case. Thanks again  for the feedback, it was usefull.

hse

Hello, I set up xepg, pair my channels, and then download and import the epg into DVBViewer.

This works great on the first use. Then the second use it is all corrupt and trying to download

and import gives me an empty epg. If I check the channel pairings, instead of the channel

name it's just a random string of characters again and I have to repair all channels. This is very

annoying as my epg provider only offers a 3day epg so I need to repair channels every 3 days.

Does anyone know whats going on and why it's becoming corrupt? I've attached a pic of the

issue. Thanks in Advance.

cprrupt.png

Delphi

Here is some of my Pairings.xml file:

Pairings.jpg.fec37639bf08769ddcc973c35f519dea.jpg

The 2310.honeybee.it is an XMLTV ID. Those should be the same between downloads.

From my XMLTV guide (honeybee.xml):

<channel id="2310.honeybee.it">

<display-name lang="da">TV SYD</display-name>

<url>https://honeybee.it/channel/tv-syd</url>

</channel>

and later in honeybee.xml:

<programme start="20170510060100 +0200" stop="20170510063000 +0200" channel="2310.honeybee.it">

Try to check this out as a first attempt. The XMLTV IDs MUST be the same between downloads.

DetlefM

Is the source code for the tools available?

Delphi
8 hours ago, DetlefM said:

Is the source code for the tools available?

No, sorry.  However. I shall be happy to answer any questions you may have. That's best done in the other thread raw-epg-values

Delphi

Xepg version 0.7.1.0 is available

Fixed an error and added the option for inserting line breaks in the EPG Format Editor. Details in the changelog.

XGrabDMS version 0.1.1.1 is available

Fix: Forgot to UTF-8 encode the .LOG files created in invisible mode.
To upgrade: just replace the XgrabDMS.exe with the new one in your installation.

LineBreaks.jpg.787d627863a3ae29a37686c2f7891db9.jpg

Delphi

Xepg version 0.7.1.1 is available

Fix: Too many blank lines in the output in some cases. Details in the changelog.

If you have upgraded to the 0.7.1.0 this upgrade is a must have. Sorry for the inconvenience:blush:

videogamingtown

Is there any way to backup and restore the pairings?. I need to reinstall my OS soon and ive had to remap everything from scratch every time i reinstall the system. 

Delphi

Yes, click link Xepg Data Folder in Xepg main window. Read the text file TheFiles.rtf for a description. The pairings are in the Pairings.xml and Config.ini is the Xepg settings.

• Like 1

i0zjh02
Posted (edited)

Hi

I'm running DVBViewer and media server 2.0.3.0. I'm not sure if this started after i upgraded to the latest version.

I'm not getting any channels returned to Xepg from DVBViewer. Its launched when I run the pairing but no channels at all are shown in the right hand pane of the pairing window (all channels from the epg file are correctly shown in left hand pane). Although they all show in DVBViewer itself. 

I tried to add new channels but they didnt appear in the pairing list (existing ones were there initially). I then emptied the channels completely from DVBViewer and re-added them all again and now non of them appear in xepg

I'm using IPTV channels and as suggested i've set the device up as a TS Stream device

I've tried both the live and beta versions of Xepg and both have the same results, any help would be appreciated

Edited by i0zjh02

Delphi
4 hours ago, i0zjh02 said:

Its launched when I run the pairing but no channels at all are shown in the right hand pane of the pairing window (all channels from the epg file are correctly shown in left hand pane). Although they all show in DVBViewer itself. 

I have no idea of what is happening, sorry. Works fine here with the TS streams delivered by the DVBViewer installation. If you PM me some m3u/ini I maybe can check it out.

Delphi
7 hours ago, i0zjh02 said:

I'm using IPTV channels and as suggested i've set the device up as a TS Stream device

How did you do that?

The standard way of converting IPTV channels (Tunertype=4) to TS Streams (Tunertype=6) is:

1) In the DVBViewer Channel Editor select the IPTV channels

2) Right click the selection

3) Select Export

4) In the Save as dialog select File type: Playlist file (*.m3u, *.m3u8)

5) Save the export any where you like giving it a suitable name

6) Drag and drop the created Playlist file back into the DVBViewer Channel Editor

7) You might have to double click some channels to make the autoupdate functionallity come in play 

noraccire
Posted (edited)

I am facing similar issue where only some iptv ts stream are visible in xepg.

reading the help I see that it might be related to channels having the same VPID AND APID... I have no clue how to fix it . Support will be welcome

Edited by noraccire
Incomplete post

Tjod

Change from the old IPTV device to TS streaming.

See the description from Delphi.

noraccire

So I did that ..

still not all the channel were not loaded by XEpg

CHANNEL PAIRING LOG
Reading 564 DVBViewer Channels
Different DVBViewer Channels found :10

However
back to DVBViewer right after the mp3 file import
some of the channels were having PID equal to zero
After a double click on the channel name , the PID get populated....
looks like the channels need to be read at least one time by DVBViewer in order to get proper PID populated
Before

after.png.b5d240ec6f244d94433712dda036a9ac.png

After

Before.png.b0c56268852faa3f86985d17071ce5a5.png

Back to Xepg ,
that time the channels were visible

5989d7724737b_successfullpairinginXepg.png.76ed801933e47628b4c0cdb85b6066da.png

Griga
28 minutes ago, noraccire said:
looks like the channels need to be read at least one time by DVBViewer in order to get proper PID populated
Before

That's normal for "TS Stream" channels if only the URL is known. The DVBViewer channel auto-update detects the remaining data on first tuning. However, since the TS Stream EPG channel ID is not based on PIDs, but on a URL hash value, assigning EPG data should work regardeless of the PID state.

This also applies to other kinds of streaming that the TS Stream framework can handle, e.g. HTTP Internet TV and Radio. If you want to give it a try please read here at the beginning ("Added: Channel List") how you can load ready-made channel lists containing free TV and radio channels that are broadcasting over the internet. You may also use New  -> TS Stream in the Channel Editor to enter additional URLs.