This topic is now closed to further replies.
By Patryk F
Dear DVBViewer team,
First of all I would like to thank You for a great software like DVBViewer is.
I use it everyday and recommend it for every blind person which wants near fully accessible television solution.
At this point I would also like to apologise for any potential mistakes, since it is my first post here.
I am a bit shy in other words ;)
I have packaged some suggestions for future development of DVBViewer.
I assumed that putting them together would be more practical than dispersing them between apropriate threads, since they have one thing in common.
all suggestions listed are from the visually impaired perspective, so are valid for the visually impaired interface enabled.
1. May I ask you to reverse the old channel editor/channel scan windows separated as in V 5.X?
It may be as an option, it does not have to be default.
The new look of editor/scanner maybe seems more practical, but it lacks some functionalities present in the old separated scanner as well as editor.
• Scanner part now does not offer a "none" option when choosing a transponder list, allowing for a quick blind-scan inside DVBViewer without opening transedit. It means that you must select something from the list so doing a quick blindscan is not possible.
• Editor has no "DiSeqc" option, so if I am correcting the setup, i cannot change the position from 7.0 to 7.1 or 7.2 for instance on the fly, during listening and satellite correction.
I cannot also set the position to "none" if I don't want to send commands.
2. It is not possible toread RDS when in Visually Impaired mode.
I propose that the RDS text as well as RT and RT+ be integrated into the same read-only edit field as EPG, with a separation of 2 or 3 blank lines if both are present (as on astra 19.2 E).
Alternatively, You may create two read-only fields between which you switch with a TAB and shift+tab key.
3. When using visually impaired mode, the clock on a status bar (between bitrate and channel name) is irritating. May I ask for replacing it with either video bitrate (which in VI mode is available only from DVB source) or signal strength?
4. When in VI mode, Could you please disable the auto-muting feature?
When entering channel list editor or epg or any window of it's type, in the VI mode audio is muted, so to use epg while still listening you have to change window, press m or whatever to unmute, and proceed with an epg or whatever.
Seems quite irritating.
5. Since version 6.something, DVBViewer PRO presents the visually impaired mode window with the "Highlighted" text attribute.
While it is generally helpful to read the text in this way for Low Vision users, for some reason Jaws screenreader sometimes reads unexpected things like playback time elapsed, since it is constantly changing.
6. Last but not least, Could you please make the signal strength measure more appropriate (if a device returns it)?
For some reason, DVBViewer pro shows the signal strength based probably on RF gain parameter, not by actual signal to noise ratio or signal link margin.
I use two TBS products (5990 and 6903) as well as the RTL-2832 based device for DVB-t.
While it may be problematic for 2832 to return valid Signal Strength, TBS manages to do so.
What is more, DVBViewer GE is able to show a more intuitive signal measure.
Thanks in advance for any feedback from You
Patryk Faliszewski, Poland.
ich plane einen TV Server mit 4 x DVB-T2 und 4x DVB-S2 Tunern (TBS) zu installieren. Vorzugsweise Windows. Nun habe ich zum Test die Demoversion von DVBViewer heruntergeladen und installiert. Jedoch bekomme ich beim Ausführen der Datei dvbviewerdemo.exe nur eine Fehlermeldung (siehe Anhang). Das Supporttool.exe liefert die identische Meldung (siehe Anhang). Falls die Programme als Administrator ausgeführt werden, schließen sich beide nach 1 Sekunde ohne Fehlermeldung.
Fehlt evtl. eine Abhängigkeit wie .NET oder JAVA?
Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 Build 17134.81 mit Intel G4600T auf einem Fujitsu D3417-B2 und 1x KVR24E17S8/8MA RAM.
Ich hab mal ne frag da ich windo MR mit briell benutz kan ich zwar den dvbt viwer auf den exploer shirm laufen lassen mocht es aber gern als univeralapp laufen lassen da ich es dan frei im raum plazieren kann ist es möglich den dvbt viwer als windowsuniversal app zu programiren oer wenigst umzuschreiben
I own a Foscam camera which has a RTSP stream available for watching the footage in for example VLC.
Can I add this stream as a separate channel or do I need to add this as a RTSP (satip) device?
DVBViewer client works fine on Media server pc with tv card but on a remote client on the same lan I got 'No Hardware Available' error.
I spent ages trying to get this to work.
I solved it as follows
Make sure RTSP is enabled on the server.
On the client go to hardware and in devices on the right side delete any that are there then select add, then select RTSP network device. Enter the ip address of the server and the ports exactly as the RTSP settings on the server. Close and reopen the client and it worked for me. The only issue I had then was that I got sound but a black screen. I resolved this by going to settings and selecting Video output B. All ok now.